ABOUT THIS EVENT
Free your body from tension and come to life though a creative practice of mindful release! This 3hr mini retreat offers new pathways for nurturing and healing, bringing a deep sense of self-okayness that you can truly rest in.
During the evening you will be able to express yourself and transition through different states of being with a guided conscious movement practice.
Explore your body’s connection with energy and the way that it carries our history with experienced counsellor and dance & yoga teacher Kali Ledger.
No experience necessary. Embodied movement is for everybody.
Included in the evening’s program:
- Grounding – deep, long and slow movement to create awareness in the body.
- Releasing – swinging, shaking movements to let go of repressed or trapped energy.
- Expressing – flowing, creative movements to express emotions, process, explore, open, and let go.
- Holding/Accepting – gentle, nurturing movements to nourish and create connection and awareness within.
- Being – a state of conscious awareness of the body and the self as oneness. The mind is quiet.
- Cool Down – gentle stretching and cool down sequence.
- Relaxation – guided meditation.
OTHER INFORMATION & BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
PRICE & TIMING
ABOUT THE TEACHERS
Kali spends her days immersed in a Buddhist way of life, lifting others towards their goals for happiness and higher consciousness. Her love of helping her fellow humans has allowed her the joy of guiding The Art of Self Nurturing retreats where she aims to facilitate attendees to experience a deep connection with themselves.
A passionate yoga, movement, music and meditation enthusiast, Kali moved from her training in contemporary dance to a love of authentic movement, ecstatic dance, pilates, yoga, kirtan and free form dance as meditation. She completed her Bachelor of Arts in Contemporary Performance in 2008 and her Post Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary Dance and Drama) at Edith Cowan University in 2009.
In 2011, Kali created and began to teach her own movement classes, working with women through different forms of movement as a mindfulness practice to improve self-expression. In 2015 she completed her Diploma of Counselling (AIPC) and began to work as a counsellor at Restful Waters, serving the community and helping others on their path to higher consciousness. In 2018, she completed her 200hr Hatha/Vinyasa Flow Teacher Training.
Kali runs classes, retreats and courses along with providing individual and couples counselling at Restful Waters encouraging self-acceptance in those who work with her and a space to feel rested and wholesome.