ABOUT THIS EVENT
Qi Gong is a traditional Chinese practice designed to cultivate and balance life energy or Qi (said ‘chi’). It is in this cultivation of life energy we can experience the rapture of enhanced vitality and wellbeing.
Learn about the principles, philosophy, movements, and energy -generating processes of Qi Gong, with experienced practitioner & instructor Michael.
During this 6 week course you will become proficient in a range of different exercises that reinforce the body, encourage energetic circulation and deepen body awareness. Some exercises will focus on activation, some on circulation, and others on diffusing Qi throughout the body.
Feel balanced, recharged, and energised with Qi Gong.
Absolute beginners of ALL fitness levels are welcome.
Below is a summary of what will be covered in each of the 6 weeks.
Week1: What is Qigong?
- Introduction to Qi Gong
- Foundational breathing exercises
- Hand strength activation
Week 2: Why is Meditation so important for Qigong
- Delve into concepts of relaxation & tension
- Body weight exercises to strengthen and activate the core
Week 3: Vibration, Friction, and Harmonising Forces
- Content covering energy theory and harmony of the internal organs (TCM)
- Vibrational resonance activities
- Creating activated air-balls
Week 4: Movement and Naturalisation
- Discussion of posture and body mechanics (balance, proprioception, conscious vs unconscious movements)
- Various types of walking exercises
- More practice and consolidation of Qi Gong exercises of previous weeks
Week 5: Mobile Forms, and the distinction between concepts such as Form/Essence
- Sequences of activities learnt previously
- Practices to create inner circulation of energy.
Week 6: Winding Down
- A review of the principles of the whole course.
- Integration of sequences and activation processes
Discover how Qi Gong can radically enhance your resilience in the world!
OTHER INFORMATION & BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
PRICE & TIMING
Location: 64 Canns Road, Bedfordale WA 6112
Phone: 0418 229 662
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Qi Gong Instructor
Michael is a long-time proponent of self-improvement and internal cultivation.
His interests and studies are varied, but often involve philosophy, martial arts, remedial massage/prophylactic health and literature.
He writes and publishes under the sobriquet ‘Solomon Li’, and teaches martial arts at Murdoch University as well as to his private students.
Fond of humour and witticisms, he believes in the benefits of laughter for one’s Mind, Body, and Soul.